Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th

Happy 4th of July! This morning I woke up and immediately went for a run. It was 38 minutes, and deathly. I ran down Route 6 (opposite way from Saturday) into town. What I did not realize about the center of town: a) it is also hilly and b) people were ALREADY lining up for the parade (which was still apx. 2 hours away). I also did not realize Wellfleet had THIS MANY HILLS! Anyways, I ran 2.16 miles out, and then back, up and down those ridiculous hills. I mapped my run - the run started out at 8.5 minute/mile, and ended with 9.7 minute/mile. Ouch. I was really feeling quite horrible. I'm not exactly sure what to do about it but here are the possible reasons:

a) I jumped up in mileage too fast (but my runs of the same length with Eve last week felt fine...)
b) I start my runs too fast
c) I am not adjusted to Wellfleet's humidity and it has been rather hot
d) I am not adjusted to Wellfleet's hills and they are killing my runs.

I'm not really sure what to do...decrease mileage, slow down, etc, but tomorrow I will search for flatter roads and see how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment