Monday, June 20, 2011

Running with a cold

well, it sucks, first off. I was hoping that yesterday's yoga would clear my sinuses or at least "heal my body" so the dumb cold would go away, but it only worked yesterday. My cold came back with a vengeance last night at midnight - precisely when I was trying to fall asleep! Then this morning the people across the street had these lawn guys come to cut their grass and trim their bushes, etc, and their truck literally sat outside my window beeping for about 10 minutes...

Regardless, I got up at 8, ate, and went for another 30 minute jog. I was having some trouble breathing due to the cold, and my hamstrings were sore from yoga, but they weren't really tired. I ran down Grove and into the creepy street were all the houses look alike, and then to the path behind them. Running on trails, I have rediscovered, is tons of fun!

Also yesterday, I went for a 33 minute run around Waban before lunch. That one felt good, and I didn't start getting tired like on Saturday until 27 minutes. Again, I think most of it is the cold, because its mostly breathing issues and it feels like there's this rock in my chest. To medicate, I ate a lot of cough drops, which are very tasty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment