Saturday, December 3, 2011

Indoor!

Now I'm for reals going to start this up again! :)

SO for Monday, the first day of indoor, we had a rapist running around town, and weren't allowed to go out for a run. We talked to the new coach for a while, and listened to all of Griff's rules. Its so weird being the oldest in Middle, and also weird without Chisum :( Anyways, not ones to be stopped by silly rapists in Wellesley, Betsy, Nina and I drove over to Waban and ran around there. It was a very pleasant, albeit creepy, run. It got dark like 5 minutes in, so there were a few almost tripping incidences but its fine, it all worked out and no one got hurt (or shot/raped). (40 minutes)

Tuesday we did new circuits. We warmed up for 15 and it was really nice to warm up with the whole team! The circuits were semi-awful - I was in pain in my abdomen, arms and legs basically until today, but I love being sore so its fine! Cooled down for 15 and went home! (4 miles)

Wednesday was our first track workout. We did 5x600 starting at 3:15 pace and running 15 seconds faster each rep. It started out super easy, but quickly got much much harder! Carlijn and I ran with Sabina, Ellen, Mimi, Anna, and Alana! Our paces went : 3:10, 2:54, 2:38, 2:22, 2:08. 15 cool down

Thursday was more circuits! This time leg-centered, and boy could I feel it! I still cannot walk down stairs :/ 15 up, 20 down.

Friday was hard. wayyyyy hard. 2(3x350) at 65 pace. Unfortunately that did not work out. It ended up being 65, 67, 69, 70, 72, 72. Oops. Whatever, I don't think I'm built for speed anyways! 15 up, 15 down

Saturday was FINALLY a long run! We met at Elm Bank and ran. We went out the back way and down Winding River, through the aqueduct, and back to Elm to run some trails! I got to talk to Dana and Julia a bit too, which was nice! And after they stopped, I ran with Betsy, Rachel and Katya, all of whom I dearly miss running with :( Then we all sunbathed and stretched in the parking lot. Cotillions tonight so I'm super excited to die in high heels!! (58 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment