Friday, April 1, 2011

so its been awhile...

i haven't really had much time to write, so I'll just go over the gist of what happened this week:

Wednesday:

Long run - 93 minutes. This ended up being 11ish miles. I spent 20 minutes of it waiting for Brennan to get finished talking to Chisum and thus running around the school circle a lot a lot of times. Then we went to Waban and found a fun new path. And then we did 6 downhill strides.

Thursday:

Race day - it was reallllyyyy cold out. I wore like 5 layers total! And then it started snowing...arghhhh, my first race in the snow! We warmed up too early and I had to run around a ton and do tons of strides to keep warm. I ended up doing like 35 minutes warm up. As for the race, it was freezing! I wore my gloves and earwarmers! I went out in 35 high and then 73/74, and finished in 2:34.9. It felt pretty good, although very very cold! And then after I did 4 400's on the aqueduct, which ended up being 87, 86,86low and 83. Then I cooled down for another 31 minutes. In total, it was probably about 8 miles ish.

Friday:

Drills. And Snow. And double. So I woke up this morning and ran 35 minutes - supposed to meet Brennan but she conveniently overslept! So that was like 4 miles. And then for drills we warmed up 15 and then did all the drills in the math hallway. During strides, I strained my hamstring, and it was a tad painful. Cooling down felt ok - we did 25 minutes and I could feel my hamstring, and it felt like it was shorter than usual, so it was pulling, but not like a sharp pain. I iced it a lot, so like 3 times, and wrapped it in an ace bandage, so its feeling a bit better, we'll see in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment