Sunday, February 20, 2011

anti-climatic

So I went into yesterday ready to run the fastest I had run this year...didn't happen.

I warmed up with 15 minutes, and felt really good going into the race. Carlijn and I were seeded 12, 13 (respectfully), so, lucky us, we were the last two in the fast heat. This got me a bit worried. Going out, I tried to stay on the back of everyone else, and just hang on. Of course, being in the fast heat, I got dragged out in a 36, and thats AFTER hanging back a tad because I felt like I was sprinting. The rest of the race just kinda fell apart. I caught back up to Carlijn on the 3rd lap and passed her so she would go faster, which she did and passed me back a lap later. I'm pretty sure i let it go well up into the 40's for the last few laps. I think the first 36 really killed me. Otherwise, I don't know much about my splits. I finished last (success!) and a second slower than a week previous. This really disappointed me, but I suppose thats track for ya!

Cooled down for 7 minutes, warmed up for 7 minutes.

After finishing that race, I had to prepare for the next one! I was SUPER tired, and not looking forward to the 4x800. I had my second GU of the day (2x caffiene this time) and part of a clif bar. We ended up running roughly an hour and a half after finishing the 1000. ew. We got to the line and they were like "oh, you all still need 8 minutes because the 2 mile just finished 22 minutes ago" so everyone was all happy and milling about on the track for like 2 minutes before they were like "PYSCH! Get on the line, just kiddingggggg" so that was quite annoying. There were way too many people in the 4x8 heat, so I got kinda boxed in, and the first lap went out slow - 37. And it got slower from there. I just had no energy left, and tried to run fast, it just didn't work out that way! I ran another 2:33. ugh.

Cooled down for 17:30, veryyyyyyyy slowlyyyyy.

When I got home, I literally crashed! Racing is exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment