Thursday, February 10, 2011

"long run" disguised as a base run!

So today, there was no practice so Brennan and I decided to use the one child-lab "skip" we get a term to go on our run during child lab and get it over with earlier/ get home earlier. When we asked Mrs. Doiron if we could go, she just laughed at us. I'm glad us runners are amusing! Then we got several skeptical looks and questions from fellow "big teachers" which were also amusing!

We ran out to Elm Bank and back for a total of 66 minutes. We then did 6 strides on Seaver St. The 400 stretch at Elm Bank is perfectly clear and looking ready for TT's on Saturday! The run was generally quite pleasant, the temperature was nice and I had on the perfect number of layers and didn't get very hot or cold - which is a rare accomplishment for me! My legs also felt quite phenomenal considering we raced only 20 hours before! The only downside was that I seemed to be having some stomach issues. I thought it might be from eating lunch only an hour and a half before running, but I'm still having them, and I'm hoping I'm not coming down with anything! We shall see!

Heart rate this morning was 12/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment