Sunday, February 6, 2011

sparkly snow!

Today was a very very beautiful day outside! It was nice and warm and snow was melting and it almost felt like spring! (almost as in, I was still surrounded by 3 feet of snow everywhere I looked) Unfortunately, because everything had started melting, the froze, then started melting again, there was quite a lot of ice all over. No worries! I wore my handy dandy yak trax! They worked perfectly and I was able to run without falling once!

So I met Brennan on Washington Street and we kept running down Washington street, fun, right? We were going to try to go to Babson/ Olin to do our fartleks, but decided that was too far away. Regardless, the fartleks worked out ok on Washington. There was a lot of nice down-hills, which felt wonderful! The only problem with Washington was that I had to stop in the middle of a fartlek twice to avoid getting hit by a car coming out of a sidestreet WITHOUT STOPPING AT THE STOP SIGN!!! And once when we were crossing the road, we went a few seconds over our rest. Not to worry, when we encountered these troubles, we added on extra fartleking time. The fartleks today were 6 sets of 1x1 and 30x30. They felt pretty good, and I wasn't really sore from Friday!

I also felt really intense because my mother bought me a really super awesome neon green jacket yesterday at Marathon because they are having a sale (30% off winter stuff! Plus our student 10% discount = 40% off!!!!) so I felt very visible!

I warmed up for a total of 18 minutes and cooled down for 38, so the day's total was 73, so this run acted as our long run of last week as well.

I also got started on some cookie dough selling today! ...Its not as easy as I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment