Saturday, February 5, 2011

Indoor Twilight Meet!

Although not nearly as exciting as the outdoor twilight meet, we had a nice indoor version yesterday! Because of all the postponements due to numerous snow days, they rescheduled the meet for 7:30 on a friday night! So I went home after school and ate a second lunch (more pb and j) and then a clif bar 3 hours before. I also introduced Brennan to the wonder of clif bars before a race!

So then we got on the bus at 5:45 but didn't leave til after 6. And it took FOREVERRRRR to get to Reggie. Us milers were freakin' out a bit, and literally jumped off the bus to warm up. Due to our nerves and fears of being late, our warm up was quite quick! We ran in to Reggie after 10 minutes and finished up the 15 around the track. It was very cool seeing reggie all done up for the meet today! Except they had pulled out all the bleachers and there was no where to stride. They got going really late, but we started our mile around 8.

In the mile, I think we went out a tad slow. I think I heard a 45 somewhere in there. Whoops! I picked it up finishing up the first 1/2, and I think ran something like a couple 41's (at least, thats what I heard!) I felt like I kept increasing effort and hopefully maintaining speed. I actually felt like I was racing the entire time, but never like i would die. And then I closed in a 39/40, which was a solid kick, I believe! I didn't get the time I wanted, but everything felt good, and I think if I go out fast enough, I could hold it!

Then I cooled down for 42 minutes. So the total for the day was 62.

Morning heart rate was 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment