Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Indicator

Although the blog only said "600 TT followed by 30 seconds rest and then 200 TT," I know this was the indicator. I don't know if that was the intention, but the way it was written on the blog did make it a TAD less stressful!

Anyways, we drove into Reggie and got there in a semi-timely manner. We warmed up for 15 minutes on the track before starting. Reggie is really quite pleasurable when you don't have to race!

So starting the 600, Carlijn got a bit flustered about what we had to do, and kind of just started sprinting off, and I tried to jog into it, and then start my "race." I tried to stay a bit behind Carlijn because I knew she was going out way too fast for me! Still, I went through the 100 in 15 and the 200 in 32 (i think). When I saw that I was like "WOAH!!!" and kind of freaked out. I had been planning for a 34. I tried to keep pushing, but invariably slowed down. a lot. I finished in 1:49. Disappointing because a)I didn't pr and b) I couldn't catch up to Carlijn, which would have pulled me to a pr. Then we had a stressful 30 seconds rest, because I couldn't tell when Chisum was telling us to go, and it was just all around bad. The last 200 was a 37, which was admittedly slow, but painful, so I think it accomplished its purpose! In total, I ran 2:26, which was disappointing because I ran a 2:23 last year. Although I really think I screwed up the beginning of the 600 and could've gone faster for that. At least, thats what I tell myself!

After 5 minutes, I went back out for 4x200 at 800 goal pace. Now, I always get discombobulated after running hard, so for some reason I thought I should have been running 37's, when I should have been running 36's. My first was a 36 anyways, then 37, b/c I thought I had to slow down, then 36, then 37. Oh well, close enough. They felt pretty good though!

Cooled down for 15 minutes, and then back home!

Heart rate - 12

No comments:

Post a Comment