Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yet another snow day....

So we didn't have school AGAIN today. ugh. I really am tired of these weekly snow surprises. And it didn't even really snow today. It just rained a lot. I had to shovel in the rain and my winter jacket decided to stop being waterproof....cool.

Anyways, enough complaining, because I have just heard the news that Mr. Chisum's baby was born! Which is very very very exciting and I can't wait to see pictures!! Also, I really really really like the name Hadley. Its adorable! Congratulations!

And back to running - so Nina and I met up at BSC at 3. Since the race has now been postponed to Friday night, we were supposed to do 10-12 x 200 meter progressions. This proved very difficult on the treadmills! We warmed up with 15 minutes. We were then about to commence our workout when we saw that our treadmills only went up to 12.5 mph. Which was not fast enough because I figured out the speeds and amount of time per speed to cover roughly 50 meters at each appropriate pace. SO we had to hunt for a treadmill that went up to 14.1. Luckily, we found two that went up to 14, which was close enough! I started out at 10 mph for 11 seconds, then 11.3 for 10 seconds, then 12.5 for 9 seconds and 14 for 8 seconds. Or at least, thats what I planned to do. 14 mph, however, is very very fast on a treadmill and we felt like we were going to fall off, so we cut out that part. To make up for it, at the end of the run we did 12 sprints in the gym. Those were not far enough either, but we had to make do because there was no room! And I'm not so sure all the times/ rest times were correct because it was really really hard to keep changing levels. I think I sprained a wrist muscle. Like actually, my wrist is sore from pressing the button so much! We also must have been really annoying because the treadmills kept beep beep beeping and whirring a lot and we looked like loons running really fast for like 30 seconds, then jumping onto the side things to slow the belt down, and then doing all over again!

Anyways, we cooled down for 17 minutes after 12 sprints. That would be a total of like 40-45 minutes.

We also saw Jessie at the gym! I forgot! That was exciting too!

And my morning heart rate was 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment