Sunday, February 13, 2011

Procrastination

Procrastination is my new defining characteristic. Not only did I procrastinate writing this entry, but I am now using it to procrastinate editing my Junior Thesis. I am quite enjoying procrastination right now!

Anyways, to sum up yesterday: it was hard and I was not very happy with the results. We went to Elm Bank to do a 400 TT and then 5 200's at 1000 pace. (At least, thats what Sabina and I did, the milers did 8 200s at mile pace). We used the 400 stretch from the bridge to the stop sign on the road. We warmed up 18 minutes to the bridge, where we then did strides, drills, and such as if preparing for a race. However, this "race" kept getting postponed because either long distance would be running by, or some people couldn't control their dogs, or a car decided to drive by...it was quite annoying! Finally, we started, and I sprinted out to take advantage of that 8 seconds of speed. Except I think I forgot that it was only supposed to go for 8 seconds and just kept going. And then the path was somewhat uphill, which took more effort. Regardless, I was dying by the second 200 and ended up running a 70. This disappointed me greatly because I ran a 71 at the start of my 800, so I know I can run faster, I just didn't. Perhaps it was the conditions, I don't know.

Then we had 5ish minutes rest, and went into the 200s. These were a mess, as I was trying to run 38's, but had no way to pace myself to them. Plus there was that uphill thing. So they went 37, 36 (downhill), 38, 37 (downhill), 39 high. Those last two hurt a ton, and I could feel my form deteriorating. They were not fun. I'm also mad that I only hit my splits once. Oh well.

Cool down was 22 minutes, so the total for the week was 282, down 10% from last week.

morning heart rate saturday - 12
morning heart rate sunday - 12

Sunday: I'm feeling a bit sore in my hamstrings, but nothing much.

No comments:

Post a Comment