Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sunny

Another beautiful day! It was considerably warmer than yesterday, I think the temperature was about the same, but the sun definitely warmed things up! I ran 21 minutes to Elm Bank with Brennan - we went the aqueduct way. Then we sat around and watched hill drills, and tried to help with form, etc. We also got to watch Coach Kelley do some hill drills with the boys, which was fun! I hope he blogs about it later! After they were all done, we ran back the same way, so the run ended up being 45 minutes (I added those 3 minutes at the end to get to 45!) I felt very loose and energized, my legs weren't tired at all from yesterday's run. And this was my first time running two days straight in two weeks! woohoo!

I cannot wait for Monday to start actually working out again! Although I must admit, I am very nervous about racing. If I am running the 600, I need 36 second 200 splits to qualify, and I have not run that fast since outdoor. Plus, my 600 pr was a 1:47 in the finish the eight workout at the end of last year. Meaning it took me a whole season to work up to that. Meaning I have little chance at running that fast this week. Meaning the race will be disappointing. AHHH! If there is any way I can not run on Thursday, I would be thrilled!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think the goal Thursday should be to qualify. I think it will be good just to have you run hard. If I can sit you I will, but I doubt that will be the case.

    ReplyDelete