Friday, December 31, 2010

I have been defeated by a hill...

So today's hill workout was not-so-great. First of all, I had no one to run with, seeing as Brennan went skiing and Ryan had something to do, so I had no one to pace with, and thus consistently started running up temple too hard, and then slowed down exponentially by the time I reached Eve's house. oops. Secondly, I kind of psyched myself out before the workout because I ate breakfast at 8, and I remembered that warning about not eating too much from last week, but that was after I ate, so I was afraid I was going to throw up. Lastly, my legs are really sore, I think from canadians...I was reading in this book I got for Christmas that soreness can result from DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)in which one performs an exercise one's muscles are not used to, and the morning/day after they get very very sore, even if it was a light workout. I think that because I have not done Canadians yet this year, my muscles were not used to them (?) and resulted in much soreness.

Well, as for the actual hills, I was quite miserable from all this soreness, and I would get about halfway up the hill and my quads AND calves would start burning like no other. It was like they were screaming at me. To motivate myself, I tried singing "just keep swimming" in my head, but then my legs' pain was "louder" than this and I just gritted my teeth and kept running...maybe I would've been more motivated with other people there, I'm pretty bad at motivating myself. That is not to say that I quit on the workout. Because I was feeling so unmotivated, I decided to force myself to do an extra hill, so I did a total of 32:05 on the hill. That was good for 8 hill repeats. I believe this was a tad less than last week, so I was a bit disappointed. They felt slower than last week, but again, hopefully that is a self motivation problem and not a physical one. I did feel like I was recovering nicely on the jogs down though!

I had warmed up with 15 minutes, and cooled down with 16, so the day's total was 63.

My morning heart rate was 13, so 52.

No comments:

Post a Comment