Wednesday, December 29, 2010

yoga mats are a wonderful invention...

No, I was not doing yoga today, but Brennan, Ryan and I did do circuits! I realized that the circuits would probably hurt a lot less if we had yoga mats so, TAADAA! I brought us yoga mats and they cushioned our butts perfectly! =)

We did 4 sets - 2 abs and 2 strength. They felt a bit easier then the past two weeks - so hopefully thats from getting strong and not not having Chisum...but we did try really really hard! And we even added on extra time to the exercises (sometimes, when we forgot to check our watches!) And I didn't even fall down once during planks or leg lifts! AND I did two wall sits that were each 1:40 long! WOOHOO! We also decided to split up our 400s. We did the first two sets - then went out to our parking lot loop. I ran a 87, then 92, but that was partly due to snow (in a part that had not been shoveled and we had to hop through it) and slush. We did the first one the regular way, and the second in reverse. Then we did our second set, and had to stop by the yankee swap quickly on our way back out. We then went out to the 400's that we did once last year where you run from that big tree up to washington and around the corner. Except I don't think it was quite 400 meters because when we got to where we thought we were supposed to end, my watch was at 82 - and that was after slipping, laying on the ground defeated for a couple seconds, and getting back up! And then the second one was 75, so there was no way it was a full 400, but we tried!

As for the warm up and cool down, we warmed up with 15, cooled down with 15, but my mileage was looking a bit shabby this week, and I added on another 15 when I got home. So now, Brennan can't hold over my head that she did more mileage than me this week and force me to cut my cool downs short - I win!

And unfortunately, I legitimately forgot to check my heartrate this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment