Wednesday, December 22, 2010

WInter Wonderland

Today was a beautiful run. It was snowing in these really really big flakes, and the ground got covered pretty quick, so everything was white and pretty. Today was a B + 15-20, and I went with Brennan, Nina, Allie, Dan, Chandler and James. We had a very "adventurous" run around Morses Pond, or more accurately, through the bushes surrounding Morses Pond. It was really pretty out there, which was nice, but the footing was a little iffy. Plus I did not enjoy the many stops that were taken, but I got over that!

Overall, I ran about 78 minutes. This was a bit longer than I had intended, but I had gotten 4 minutes extra time before we actually started our run, and then I was aiming for 70 by my watch, forgetting those 4 minutes, and it took us 4 extra minutes past 70 to run back to the school. But the pace was nice and slow, so I don't think it mattered too much.

We did our 6 strides in the Sprague parking lot/ fields so as to avoid the slippery track.

Also - I'm not very sore from circuits yesterday, which I'm not sure is a good thing. At least, I'm not consistently sore, and only sore when I move in certain ways (such as try to laugh!) Although, I do think I have bruises on my back from the floor! Well, since I'm skeptical about the amount of work I put in, I will be sure to put all my effort into the hills tomorrow!

And this morning, yet again, I jumped awake when my alarm clock went off. I literally jump out of bed and slam the clock when I wake up, and by the time I take my heart rate, I have already come out of my "resting" position. This morning it was 60, but I suspect it was originally lower, and was raised by my jumping out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment