Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Return to Circuits...

Tuesday Circuits - I forgot how much those hurt! Truly, I don't think I've been this exhausted since last spring!

We started out with a 14 minute warm up, I felt pretty good...My legs were a tired, not sore, from yesterday, but I didn't really feel this in the warm up, just when I was walking around at school.

Then circuits started...ouch! No, actually, they weren't that bad. I think my combined freezing cold hands and stress made them worse though. The first ab set felt pretty good - definitely doable, except for maybe the six inches of fun, which is always horrible. The next set felt ok, I started getting really tired though, and very cold. My clothes froze around me because the ground was wet - I think it was something like 19 degrees out there. My hands started going numb, which probably added to my discomfort. Oh, the 400's felt ok...I still wonder if I'm doing them fast enough =) I still feel very slow and worry about the amount of effort I'm putting in - it always feels like a lot in the moment, but not enough afterwards!

The second abs set I started to deteriorate a little, I got very cold and whiny! I guess I have to work on "pushing through the pain" a little more! That 400 felt better than the others though. And then the last set was cut short due to waning light and cold children, which I must admit, was wonderful =) The last 400 felt ok too, maybe I could have pushed a bit more?

After the circuits, Brennan, Nina and I hightailed it inside to warm up. We then ran on the treadmills for 13 minutes. I added on 8 minutes to that when I got home because I wanted to go a bit longer, but the fitness center was closing, so my cool down totaled 21 minutes. All in all, today was a pretty tiring workout day, but good. I love being back in the swing of things!

The one damper on my day was probably the upcoming race. I'm really scared of it, probably overly so, but I really don't want to do badly, although that is probably inevitable seeing as I've been training for only 2 days...I tried to find you after practice, but you were in your meeting already!

heart rate this morning: 60

1 comment:

  1. I thought you looked great today. Your 400 efforts should have been at 85%. If they were, then great. It wasn't a measured loop and my guess is it's a tick short, but the one I timed was a 69.

    As for your stress... my experience tells me you'll be stressed until the race is over. You're in a very good space. You're stronger than you were last year, you're training with us earlier than you were last year, and your resting heart rate was 60 the morning after your first track workout of the season. You're good my friend. Really, really good.

    ReplyDelete