Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Indoor Circuits!

At first, I was very excited at the prospect of doing indoor circuits - it certainly beats doing them outside in the snow and freezing cold! The only problem was the floor, which although covered in a rug, was still very hard!

We warmed up for 15 minutes down the brook path. Then we came in for circuits. I felt pretty good for the first few exercises, but then I started feeling really weak, especially in the ab sets. Especially for planks and leg lifts, I felt like I was about to fall over. The strength exercises were ok, but I felt really weak again. I think I do better on the exercises with continuous movement, like sit ups or jumping jacks, etc, than the ones where you hold still - like wall sits and planks. Maybe its a mental toughness thing?

After 2 sets of abs and 2 sets of strength, we went outside to do a modified loop in the parking lot. I ran with Brennan, Nina and Sabina. We ran 1:33, 1:30, 1:31, and 1:34. These felt tough, especially because I was tired. I think they were also slow because of the snow, and we were trying to avoid slipping!

We finished with a 15 minute cool down on washington street!

Also this morning - I tried to take my heart rate, but I couldn't get any one number. I think this was because when my alarm went off I sort of jumped up and out of bed to attack it, and then took my heart rate, so I think it was a little high from that sudden burst of activity! I'll try not to be so violent waking up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment