Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hills Hills Hills!!!

Last day before vacation! Of course, we finished with a workout! No breaks for trackies!!! Well, we warmed up with 15 minutes to Temple to meet Chisum. Then we preceded to run 30 minutes on the hills (up Temple and Sterling). I was very very scared going into them, especially when Chisum said we "better not have eaten much" because we were going to work "very very hard." I, of course, had eaten my fair share of treats, and was a bit concerned. But once the hills began, they were actually very nice. I think I enjoy these kind of hills a lot more than hill drills at Elm, I think because they are less repetitive. I feel like I did pretty well, and I had a lot of energy. However, I felt like I slowed down by the end, although I suppose that is to be expected! I also felt very good in the recovery coming down the hill. My breathing had usually gone down by this point and I was ready to hit the hill again!

We finished with a 16 minute cool down back to the high school. I really enjoyed this workout! It felt really good, and I think I could have gone even longer! It put me in a really good mood too!

Morning Heart Rate: I jumped awake AGAIN, but I think it was like 52 this morning. It was 52 last night too.

I also have a question: should my total mileage for this week go up by 10 percent? Last week was 329 minutes, and it looks like if I do 55 minute runs on Friday and Saturday, I'll get 329 again. So should I increase both runs? Or do one longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment