Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Goals for this Season

Since no one has actually posted their goals, but we have a race tomorrow, I wanted to get mine written down. I guess I'll do that short term, mid term, long term thing...

SHORT TERM:

Well, to start off with, very short term, I would like to do well in the race tomorrow. By this, I mean I would like to run a 3:20 in the thousand, ideally. At the very least, I want to beat my pr of 3:22.8. But if this doesn't happen, I understand that I just started training, so I'll try not to let it bother me too much. Other short term goals: do well in workouts. I want to be able to do them to the best of my ability, meaning hitting splits, working out at the right percentage for runs that require 80% or something like that. Also, not to get too competitive. And to enjoy the winter, which I'm already doing. Oh! And I would like to get stronger fast, and enjoy circuits, even though they can be miserable!

MID TERM:

I guess these are more racing goals. After running my 3:20 tomorrow, I would like to drop my 1000 time down to 3:10. I feel like that might be a bit ambitious, but I'm gonna work really hard for it. Also - for the mile, I would like to make a 5:24. At the beginning/ middle of the season I would like to break 5:30, and get it down even lower eventually. Then I would also like to try the 2 mile again. If I run it more than once, I want to break 12:30 my first time. Then I want to break 12:23, because that would be a minute faster than my silly 2 mile pr right now, which would make me very happy. Also, I assume I will be running the 600 at some point, no matter how much I dislike it, and I would like to qualify, and break my pr. Maybe a 1:45? Over all, I would like to qualify in the 600, 1000, mile and 2 mile. That would be wonderful. I hope I'm not being too ambitious, but these are my goals...Oh, and I also want to go to the state meet, and run either the mile or 1000, and also run the 4x8 again. I want to get better at doubling...and I also want to get to all states, since we missed it in outdoor!

LONG TERM:

Long term, I want to stay injury free. I want to be healthy for outdoor, and do even better in outdoor than in indoor. I want to keep improving all the way through, and try not to have any setbacks. I want to meet all my goals in outdoor too. I also want to feel strong through the summer, and come back strong for cross country. And long long term, I hope to run in college. And longer than that, run for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment