Thursday, December 16, 2010

um....

So today was, to say the least, a disappointment. But I suppose that was expected. I have only been training for three days, so I couldn't really ask for much more. When I started out last year, I ran a 3:32. And I ran a 3:30 (I think) today. So at least I didn't fail entirely =) But I am quite mad at myself. I paced horribly - my first 100 was something like 17, and my 200 was 37. Then I settled into pace for the second and third laps - I was on pace until the 4th and 5th. Then I tanked. I was struggling a bit to hold my form, and tried to relax, but I guess it didn't do much. Oh well, I guess I'm already over it. My new goal is to get much much better, and train hard, and blow away today's results!

As for warm up and cool down, I may have gone a little bit long. I did a 16 minute warm up, and 3:30 racing, and then a 38 minute cool down. I meant to only go for 30, but, obviously, I went over. I ran for like 20 minutes with Nina, Carlijn, Sabina, Ellen and Taylor, so it was nice to get to know some of the freshmen! And then I ran for 10 with Rachel, and then Brennan looked very forlorn and wanted somebody to run with, so I ran 8 minutes with her. So that's a total of about 58 minutes.

Oh, and my heart rate this morning was 60.

I can't wait to get back to the track in January and run well. I guess it was a good thing that I ran today, because now I have incentive to get much much better, and I'll push myself harder!

2 comments:

  1. If you had had the perfect race, there would be less room for improvement!

    AND...did you know that if you ran the 2 mile, you could go out AT LEAST 5 seconds slower than you did today?! HOW GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe thank you rachel!!! I'm looking forward to reading your post!!

    ReplyDelete