Monday, December 13, 2010

FINALLY!

So today was an amazing day! I felt wonderful to be running again, I missed it so much!

It was a bit strange coming back for a workout...I'm not sure I'm very pleased with my effort. I think we were trying to conserve at first, and then it never got as bad as we thought it would. I did feel a little bit of soreness in my calves on the 800's, but that went away. Surprisingly, my legs felt very loose on the four hundreds. After finishing, I still felt ready to do some more, so maybe I could have pushed it a little more? But it is my first day back, and it was "conversational" pace, so I suppose it was okay. I guess I'm just disappointed because I didn't feel very fast, but I know that will come!

So total time today:
15 minute warm up
19 minute cool down (I was feeling fine, and probably could've gone longer, but Nina and Bren wanted to get home, so we stopped)
workout mileage: 2 miles 200 meters

I'm looking forward to circuits tomorrow! Maybe not so much the predicted snow... but I'm otherwise very excited! I"M SO GLAD TO BE RUNNING AGAIN!!!!


Almost forgot! My heart-rate when I woke up this morning was between 60 and 64...I was half asleep, so I counted 15 in 15 seconds, but I could very well have missed one, so I decided to tack on that 64. After the workout, my heart rate was 140. Hopefully I'll remember to check tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment