Monday, December 6, 2010

hello!

Hello to all, (mainly Mr. Chisum) who may be reading this!

First off, you wanted us to keep a blog on "how i'm feeling" and "track my workouts, progress, mileage, and frustrations." Except for the fact that I'm not really running right now, so I don't have mush mileage! But I thought I would write down how I am feeling before I start running so I can remember how I really wanted to run when I get annoyed with it in February!

Basically, I really really really really want to run!! I would even hop in on a circuits or flows workout if I could! Literally, I'm going crazy without running! I did run 20 minutes on Weds, and 37 minutes on Saturday, but otherwise, I have taken 7 out of the past 9 days off. And this is stressing me out. You see, I don't want to injure/ jeopardize myself by returning to running too early, but I don't want to lose more fitness than I'm supposed to during rest. And I don't want to fail at the meet on Thursday, and I don't want to not run at all this week and then die next week when I return full time. So basically I don't know what to do! My current plan is to (maybe) run tomorrow (tuesday), thursday, and saturday...does that sound ok? And I would never go above 50 minutes or so, I promise! If you see this, is it ok for me to run like 3 or 4 days this week??

ps. I did almost everything you suggested I should do: I went for walks, I took my dog for a walk, I tried to get my mom to go for a walk, but she wouldn't, I took a lot of naps, I went to bed at 9:30, I biked, and rested a lot!!

2 comments:

  1. This is EXACTLY how I want you to feel. You're going to work very hard this winter so I need you to really be anxious to do that. My advice continues to be, enjoy the time you have off because it won't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUT is it ok to run a couple more times??? I've enjoyed the time off, but...its boring, I need to get moving again!!

    ReplyDelete