Wednesday, March 9, 2011

60 plus 4x5 minute tempos

So, as my title says, I did 4 x 5 minute tempos in the middle of a B run. I warmed up for 15 minutes through town with Rachel, Nina, and Raquel (a nice surprise!) I then commenced my first tempo segment, which felt really good. Although I did look like a loon because I was constantly talking and singing to myself to test if I could "hold a conversation." After every 5 minute segment, I took 4 minutes rest - not the total five, but also not the optional two! I didn't want to get too tired and not be able to finish. I had already decided to do 4 fartleks before (instead of max five) but I was getting tired on the last one, so I'm glad I stopped myself! Then I did 13 minutes cool down back to school. It was really windy out today, so that was annoying...Otherwise it was a pretty nice run! The tempoing made it go by quickly! But I do miss my training partner! (Brennan come backkk!!!!)

In other news, I successfully completed a 4 minute plank today. I almost died. But I couldn't stop at 3:56, that would be lame. But after that my abs were kinda shot and really hurt, so everything else was a lot harder.

Also, my butt is really sore from the workout yesterday. Sitting down is painful.

Morning heart rate was 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment