Sunday, March 20, 2011

saturday

Saturday was another hilly fartlek run. I decided to do it friday so I wouldn't be sore or anything going into the start of the season. It felt pretty good, actually a lot better than last week! My calves are still very sore, but the bottoms of my feet are feeling better. Anyways, I did a 2 mile warm up to Pond again, and then started the hills. I also went faster than last time - last week I ran it in 17:30 and this week it was 16:50 - so hopefully that means I'm getting stronger! Unfortunately, I had to cool down for 4 miles to get enough mileage for the week, so I went around Waban...it was pretty slow because I was tired, but I got in 8.5 miles for the day. It took 71 minutes, so it wasn't even that much longer than a B run! I also did legs and abs - the legs hurt a lot during, but not now...

Another concern - yesterday morning my heart rate spiked - I got one reading of 13, but the others were 14/15. And this morning was also 14/15, and when I counted it for a full minute, it was 55/56. I have a couple theories:
a) My body is not liking this training and driving my heart rate up (this is the option i DON"T want!)
b) I have a load of homework this weekend
c) when I wake up on weekends, I either stress that I have slept too long or not enough (I know, I'm neurotic)
d) as soon as I get a high reading on my heart rate I panic and think it means something's wrong, therefore stressing myself out more and raising my heart rate?
e) technically, I just did 55ish miles straight, since I took last saturday off, so thats the most I've ever done straight...

I just really really hope its not anything bad! Other than my calves, everything's feeling really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment