Friday, January 7, 2011

a belated meet day

So yesterday was thursday and it was meet day but I didn't get to write last night because I had SO MUCH HOMEWORK!

Anyways, I warmed up for the meet with 15 minutes. I was running the mile with Eva, Rachel, Nina and Erika. We were ready a little early, bit its better than too late!

The race itself felt fine. I know I didn't push myself hard enough and I'm determined to do well next time! I started out on pace, but lost concentration in the middle and thought I was still hearing the right splits so thought I was on track, but i wasn't. I ran a 5:49, which is 9 seconds off pace, but since I was not tired afterwards and barely had a Reggie cough, I know I could've gone a lot faster, I just need to concentrate and keep up pace.

Then, for some more mileage, I ran a 48 minute cooldown. This was actually made up of lots of little cool downs with random people, but that way I got in a total of about 70 minutes of running for some nice mileage!

No comments:

Post a Comment