Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day #3

Its getting a bit old now - all these snow days! And we've hardly had school for the past month, I feel like I've just been doing homework non-stop!

Anyways, when I woke up this morning, it was yet another snow day, which was quite annoying because we were supposed to have a meet today. I really truly wanted to run today because I really wanted to pr in the mile! Alas, mother nature had other plans, and decided to dump another 10 inches of snow. So instead of racing, I shoveled! Now there is no where to put the snow because we have already shoveled up these HUGE snow banks on the sides of our driveway, so it was like double the exercise trying to get it over the top of these 5 foot mounds! After an hour of shoveling, I saw that the meet was officially canceled, and went for a run with Brennan.

We did the B run with 15 minutes of tempo. My calf was still bothering me, but not as much with the yak trax. We went to Weston Road again, and struggled a bit getting over there. Once on the backroads, we commenced our tempo, which felt pretty good. I think we started out a bit too fast, but soon enough I was in a groove and running smoothly. After about 10 minutes my legs started feeling sore and wanted to stop, but i didn't! The snow didn't help either, because I was trying to go fast and would just slip. Anyways, after the tempo, we ran back to our houses via the weston road - sprague loop. This included a lot of hopping through the snow seeing as they only shoveled half the brook path. Oh well...

The total run ended up being a bit long - 71 minutes - because of all the snow.

Heart rate this morning was 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment