Wednesday, January 26, 2011

drills

Since today was make up day and we didn't have school, we decided to hold practice at 10 am both to get it out of the way and to avoid the snow that came later in the afternoon. So I warmed up 20 minutes to the highschool. My left calf was bothering me from yesterday. I felt it a lot more during the drills, especially skipping. It almost feels like a knot in the middle of my calf - kinda like what Brennan was describing a couple weeks ago. AGHHHH! Not good timing!

Anyways, we had a pretty good turnout, and did drills in the teacher parking lot. We did a, b, and c skips, then high knees, butt kicks, drum majors and triple ups. I worked hard to stay on my toes the entire time two! We did two sets and then 6 strides. Because there were less people and it was cold out, the entire thing only took us half an hour! WOW! Then Brennan and I cooled down, then split to go back to our houses. Total running time was 42 minutes. My calf was really bothering me on the cool down. I think its from all the snow. I iced right when I got back and it went away. I just iced again like 20 minutes ago, and its feeling okay!

Brennan and I's plan for tomorrow:

We're going to run 42's to get a 5:36 mile. I really want this time because it will be a pr and I have not pr'd yet this season. Anyways, she's going to take the first two laps, then I'll take the second two, and on from there. And I am not starting in the barrel. As fun as that was...


Morning pulse was 12/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment