Sunday, January 23, 2011

saturday - relay meet

I came very close to not going to this meet, but then decided to postpone SAT's and run instead :) I think I made a good choice, I was definitely not ready to take that test!

Anyways, I ran the 4x800 with Jessie, Eva and Carlijn. We got to Reggie at like 8:35, and had to warm up and get our spikes checked right away because the 4x8 was the first event! It was a tad stressful! We managed to get in 15 minutes, and then had to go back to the gym. We were seeded 3rd, but still had to take off our sweats and everything with everyone else, meaning we had about 1/2 an hour of standing around in tank tops and shorts. I don't think that helped ...

I was the first leg, and went out in 17 high, then 35 for the first 100. I tried to slow a tad so I could keep the pace, but slowed down too much and went to a 38. I didn't realize I was going that slow though because I still hit my first 400 split, which was supposed to be a 72/3. I tried maintaining that pace, and hit a 39 low, so I did pretty much maintain the pace, only it wasn't the right pace. I came back in 39 as well for a 2:33. Not too happy about that. But Chisum said it looked like I had a lot left, or that I didn't push hard enough, and I didn't. I have to learn to push myself past that threshold, I think thats my biggest problem right now.

Anyways, we got 4th, which was good! We got medals and qualified the class meet! I can't wait to run at the class meet and (hopefully) qualify for all states!

I cooled down for 53 minutes, bringing the total to 70 for the day. My legs were VERY sore afterwards, but thankfully, my knee was not bothering me too much, I could hardly feel it while racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment