Monday, January 10, 2011

FINISH THE EIGHT!!

SO today was the dreaded finish the eight....I was basically quaking at school all day. I don't know what it is, but just the name of it makes me kinda scared...

So Brennan and I ran 17 minutes over to the babson track, and Chisum kindly brought our spikes over for us too! We did some strides, and after minor complications due to a sprinter throwing up on the track, we began!

We were supposed to go out 2 seconds faster than goal 800, so since our goal 800 was based off of 2:24, we went out in a 70 for the first 400. I led because Brennan didn't have a watch and Sabina didn't want to lead, so I went out in 17, which was on target....but then I got so excited I sped up and my first 200 was 33. oops! I made it to 70 though, maybe a low 71 - not really sure, and then struggled through the last two laps.....finishing in 2:36. Not too shabby, considering my pr is 2:31! I better bust that one this year! :) Anyways, I felt pretty good during the finish the eight - although I was stomping quite a bit, so I'll have to work on that!

Then, we had 5 minutes rest, and back for 4x200 at mile pace. Except I got a tad excited and ran them WAYYYY too fast. First was 38 (I paced it), second was 39 (Brennan), 3rd was 37 (Sabina) and 4th was 38 (me). And they were all supposed to be 40's. Whoops!

Then we cooled down for 15 minutes inside on the track, and then went back to the school, except Brennan was running realllllllllllly slowly, so total cool down was 33. So that plus the 17 at the beginning was 50 minutes warm up/ cool down, plus like 5 minutes total workout, so 55 minutes running!

and I forgot my hr....

No comments:

Post a Comment