Monday, January 24, 2011

RECORD LOW TEMPERATURE!

Today was freezing. Legit, SO. COLD. It was something like 6 degrees and felt like sub - zero. We warmed up inside, thank goodness! So fifteen minutes jogging the halls! Then we layered up! 5 shirts, 2 pairs of spandex, 2 pairs of socks and large fleece mittens. By the time we got outside, it felt almost warm. Almost. And not for long! We ran over to Washington Street, bringing warm up total to 21 minutes. Then we did 12x200 at 800 goal pace with 45 seconds rest. These times were all over the place, particularly because we had to run the sidewalk one way and the street back. We were aiming for 36's. We went out in 36, back on the street in 34, then 37, then 34, then 37, then 35, then 37, then 33, then 36, then 34, then 36, then 33. Yes, many of the street parts were really fast, but the effort always felt the same, and I think the sidewalk ones were slower because of ice. Even though they weren't actually that slow because we hit the times we were going for. The workout didn't feel too too bad, but i was definitely uncomfortable. I felt a tad nauseous and my face was so cold I couldn't feel it. I felt really tired for the last 6 repeats, but those were my fastest times. Which was interesting because I felt like I was going a whole lot slower but I guess my legs took over and kept propelling me forward! Hopefully this will be the case in my race this week!

We ran back in as fast as possible. Total cool down was 16.

Morning heart rate was 12-13

1 comment:

  1. This is encouraging stuff Sarah. I'm glad you'll get to rest and run early tomorrow.

    We're relying on you to be the big guns I know you're ready to be on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete