Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday - Race Day

It seems like I'm at Reggie waaaaaaaay too often! It never seems like a full week in between meets! Anyways, I ran the 1000 today, and what a race it was!

To start at the beginning, I warmed up for 15 minutes with Carlijn and Taylor outside. It took a while for them to get us on the track, and its always stressful watching everyone race before us!

Anyways, I wasn't very stressed going into it. I was planning on trying to run 39-40's and get sub 3:20. It didn't work out. After 100 meters, (which was a bit fast) I tripped over Carlijn and rolled into the infield! I was a bit stunned at first, and sat there for a second or so. I was also confused whether or not I was DQ'd / should continue running. But I got back up anyways and tried to catch up! I feel like I did a pretty good job. Although my splits were still slow - the two I heard were 41's. Ehh. But ultimately, I ran a 3:25.07. Not the PR I was hoping for, but I did qualify, by like .2 seconds! And hopefully I could have run faster without falling! I'm gonna say that little incident both wasted time and slowed me down a bit! Nothing wrong with a few excuses :)

Then I cooled down for about 66 minutes to get some extra mileage. So total time was apx. 85 minutes! wooohoooo! long run! My knee hurt while I was running. There's two rug burns, and its a tad swollen, and feels like a bruise. I iced twice when I got home. Hopefully it'll all be fine by Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment