Thursday, January 13, 2011

meh...

I don't know whats wrong with me, but I can never seem to hit my splits nor my times in races...gahhhhhh....

well, to start with, Brennan gave me the startling news that I was to run the barrel when she came into the locker room- I don't particularly like the barrel and was a tad stressed. Then we got to Reggie and there is WAYYYYY too much time in between when we get there and the 600. So there was a lot of waiting around. We warmed up at the end of the second boy's mile, and got in 15 minutes. I think this was still a little early. Then we stretched and stressed, and after what seemed like forever, got on the track.

The Norwood girls in the barrel were very nice. We all sang that song "just put one foot in front of the other" while we were watching the boys sprint past. Then we started the race. I went through the 100 in 18, which was too slow, so I tried to speed up just a bit. Except I sped up a lot...I think also because I was focusing on tangenting. I must say I ran a beautiful tangent. Except I finished the 200 in 33, which was a second early, and Brennan was not there to meet me, and I had to pace myself. (Brennan, I would like to apologize for my horrible pacing - I really wanted to meet up with you, I really didn't enjoy that second lap all alone). So then I just kept on going, and tried to go faster, except in the 600 I felt like I was already going at top speed, so that was tough. I think my 400 was 70? A second slow. I tried to pick it up some more but my legs were literally lead at that point. I felt very slow and tried to speed up as much as I could. I was coming down the final straightaway with no one in sight, and then all the sudden Tali was in front of me. She beat me by .5 of a second. bleh. And I couldn't keep up with her, trust me, I tried. I think she caught up in like the last 25 - 50 meters. ARGHHHHHH. AND my final time was 1:50.99, which was QUITE disappointing. I just completely lost it. I didn't even qualify. Meh. We ran faster in a WORKOUT last year. meh. I just cannot seem to meet even my short term goals this season. Hopefully more speed work will help!

I cooled down for apx. 47 minutes. Inside and out, twas lovely.

i can't remember my morning heartrate, although I assume it was 12/13 because I don't remember it being surprisingly high or low.

No comments:

Post a Comment