Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday workout

Today was 12x100 meter sprints with 100 meter rest in between. so fast!

We warmed up with 17 minutes, and the sidewalks are still not very well plowed and it was quite annoying to be slipping on all the snow! When we got to Washington Street, Nina, Brennan and I did 3 strides to get warm. Although it was pretty warm out today already, so we didn't need that much! Not like last year, I think we did this workout or something like it in 0 degree windchill and we did like 8 strides before we could even start!

Anyways, we had to sprint all out for 100 meters, then decelerate, then sprint again, etc. I think my inner sprinter really came out, and I felt like I was flying! (at least for the first few) The first few sprints felt really easy and relaxed. After about 4 I started really concentrating on form and trying to stay on my toes. I was tired by 8, which made it all the more important to concentrate on form! I think I did pretty well overall though...The total time for that was roughly 10 minutes (i think...I had running time on my watch, and I can't remember if I stopped it at the end when we were just talking, but I think 10 minutes sounds like a reasonable amount of time, i hope?)

Then Nina, James, Kevin, Brennan and I were fortunate enough to get to do ANOTHER workout on top of the sprinting! We didn't really want to repeat the sprinting workout again, so we did 4x200 at goal 800 pace. We jogged around for 5 more minutes, and then hit the road again! I think the 200 meter mark was a bit short because my first 200 was a 32, which is basically a sprint and I was most definitely NOT sprinting. We got 30 seconds rest and ran back, which was another 32. Then we completed the rest of the 200's, and I finished in two 34 highs. I could tell my form was deteriorating and I felt insanely slow in the last hundred meters of each one! But then (finally!) the workout was over!

We cooled down for 22 minutes (Brennan and I, I think the others may have gone a bit longer) to bring the total run for today to 56, and the total time this week to 360, which is down 10% from last week. (At least, I hope it was 56, its really bothering me about the stopwatch, but I'm pretty sure I stopped it! and anyways, those like 3 minutes wouldn't really do much even if I did miss them - this is me trying to rationalize with myself!)

And now my legs are quite sore, and stairs pose an enormous problem, and I can only hope they will feel better tomorrow, but they probably wont! Oh well!

Morning heart rate was 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment